Wednesday 18 July 2012

Writer's Block

If I were in my secondary home of Italy, which I'm not, I might have called this piece Writer's Sun Block. But I'm not. Another opportunity for hilarity lost.

Anyway.

I'm in my Irish home working on The Novel. Suffice to say this is based around the Yeats International Summer School which takes place in Sligo. I'm writing the thing about 50 miles down the coast.

Tuesday got into a bit of a bugger-this-writing-game, can't think what to say next. Went for walk to harbour.

There I see large and beautiful yacht stuck on sandbank.  Maybird of Falmouth. Local fishermen trying to pull her off. Took these photos.


Went home. Looked up the Maybird of Falmouth.

Say no more. Here she is. 
 
Interesting, I thought, boat sails around world through storm and fury, Fastnet Race and so on and so forth, ends up on sandbank in quiet calm harbour.

Then, more interesting. Another coincidence/correspondence/holistic occurance. The Maybird was on passage to Sligo where the owner/skipper intends to go to the Yeats International Summer School.

Sailors Block?

No comments:

Post a Comment